A short progress report here. I've collected all the long-term climate and runoff data from Southeast Alaska and compiled the relevant climate indices. This will make it possible to analyze the long-term trends and spatial and temporal correlation with the climate indices. I also found some records of stream temperature which might help elucidate the role of glacier melt contributing to runoff.
I was hoping to get somethings from Nancy and Sue in particular, in the next few weeks. Nancy, I wonder if you could assemble the downscaled projections for me for SE Alaska? The figures I'd like to see are a time series out to the end of the century on the precip and temp projections and a 2090/2100 - 2000-2010 (change) map or something like that for both temp and precip. Do you mind making these figures?
Sue, do you have any data from Sitka? Runoff/discharge into the reservoirs? Water released? Power generated? A DEM of the watersheds for the Blue and Green Lakes?
My upcoming goals include a short presentation at the INRA meeting here in Fairbanks on March 4 or 5...
Thanks!
Jessie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can definitely get you these data, but it would be good to know what format would be most useful (ASCII, graphs, maps, shapefile?), and what exact areas would be most useful. (All of SE? Just the pertinent watershed(s)?)
--Nancy
Hi Jessie - and Nancy -
I've just sent an email off the Charlie Walls and Dean Orbison asking for those data or for referrals to someone who has access to them. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. I also participated in a webinair and heard that weather data for Sitka were kept back as far as Russian outpost times - I'm trying to track that down - do you have it or think it will be useful?
Can we post documents on this site?
Sue
Post a Comment